Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Scenery

I just wanted a change of pace. Well not really a change a pace, put the right setting to match my mood. My girl was gone and I had about three hours, four at the max to kill. I wasn't in the mood for cruising, which was odd, cause its my favorite way of wasting time. Especially if I'm wasting time with someone else. No I wanted to relax and let my surroundings do all the work. I knew the perfect place, however it had been closed down years ago. I could go to west side but that's a 45 minute drive one way. Didn't have time for that, even though I would have a less of a chance of bumping into my girl.


I'm not really into bowling, I prefer shooting pool as a social sport.  Really bowling for me can be a little too much work. If I'm trying to get some exercise I want to get it over with, 30 minutes top. That's why I ride by bicycle, and believe me I don't like riding my bicycle. There are lots of places where you can shoot pool. Pool tables can be found at bars, game centers, bowling allies, strip clubs and rec centers. For me the choice comes down to a bar because like I said I wanted the right type of background noise. I have nothing against rec enters, bowling allies and strip clubs. Do you notice how politically correct I try to be at all times. Don't want to piss anyone off about their choices. I wanted a place that had nice "scenery" but wasn't the type of place where you got to check to see everyone walking in just as a matter of safety.  I didn't want to be living in a rap song "He came into the room and just started spraying Niggas." I wanted a place that played a nice mix of music and had several tables available. I don't like places where there are only one or two tables and you have to wait. Even worse is when you have to put money down just to play the person who is running the table in the hopes that you can beat that person so you can play the person you're with. Now I just want to play for fun and I'm not that good, so I don't want to waste much energy just finding a place, getting drinks and stressing my self trying to beat... You get my drift. I don't want the place to be too empty, like a said I expected some "scenery". But its always hard to predict where the "scenery" crowd is gonna be.

This time I hadn't brought any "scenery" with me, so maybe I should try to find a place with only a few tables, or I could try to go pick some "scenery" first, but remember I'm trying to relax in the first place, plus I'm short on time. I'm not saying that having some "scenery" isn't worth the effort, but sometimes the "scenery" wants their mood to be the priority. That's the main reason I ain't hanging with my girl. Yes that's her name My Girl.  I won't get started on that, that's a whole story in itself. Thinking about where I would be headed was making me tired already. Real life isn't like Cheers "where they always know your name", well my life isn't like Cheers. To make that happen you got to make shooting pool with the "scenery" crowd a hobby. Now I'm thinking I'm over thinking the situation when I see a Blockbuster. Did I ever tell you how much time I can waste in a video store.

No comments:

Post a Comment